FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion   S’enregistrer
What cage should I use?

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » Visons » English section
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 0
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 13:20    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
I realize this question is asked a billion times, but as I can't read it... Laughing

I wondered what cages are suitable for mink? Do you prefer to keep mink indoors or outdo...ors? And why?
How big should the cage be? And how many time should be spend outside the cage?

I prefer to keep my animals indoors. I don't want my neighbours to 'suffer' from them (in Holland the houses are much closer to eachother than in France I think? And the gardens are smaller), I like to keep them by my side and think they will become more tame when you keep them indoors. Is that correct?
Only problem: They should be able to have a bath, and that could be messy

Visiter le site web du posteur
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 13:20    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 13:50    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
I think the Ferret / Critter Nation (2 floor) is one of the most practical and solid one.
My minks are indoor (I live in an appartment) but they come out of the cage while I'm home min. 5 hours per day. They have access to the bathroom where they can swim in the bathtub and when I'm free and the weather permits it, I take them for a walk and swim outside (there is water everywhere in Holland).

You can find the cage I was talking about here: http://www.fretten.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_44_46&a…

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 en pension
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 15:24    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
Mine are free in my appartment, I use a Nation 2 only for them to spend the night since a few here told me that it would be better for them to be accustomed to the cage, just in case of …

They spend around an hour outside … my home in order to walk from two to four kilometers each days (they are very good sparring partners) Mr. Green

As they have their room with a large window and no heating there is no difference from those living outside … except it's more secure inside, and I'm always there if there is a problem. I think it's good for them as well as the came back home each time they escaped … Twisted Evil

What is the problem with bath ? the bathroom is open 24/24 and they are free to swim in the bathtub. Rolling Eyes

Dernière édition par levri le Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 16:11; édité 1 fois
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Ven 4 Juin 2010 - 15:47    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
Thanks for your answer!
Poor me, I don't have a bathtub Wink But I'm thinking of replacing the shower for a bath anyway, and I think I've done that before I'll have a mink, so then, there would be no problem.

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:17    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
I've seen some pictures of mink in dog-crates. Do you think that's proper housing for a mink? (of course the big ones, and secured so they can't get out). Or only when they can run around all day, and only get in the cage to sleep in?

Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:25    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
Pictures ? If it is only to sleep in that should be enough. But you need to be careful about the bar spacing. A female mink could easily go through many dog crates. See the video of Kaira (page 6): http://parlonsvison.xooit.fr/t104-kaira.htm?start=75

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:33    Sujet du message: What cage should I use? Répondre en citant
Yeah, I've seen that movie this morning Mr. Green
I just wondered, as dogcrates are less expensive than the nation cages and stuff. The crate my dogs have was 25euros, compaired to 200 (about the same size) Wink
But this dog crate has too big bar spacing, so it should be secured before this would be usable (but it's my dogs, would buy a new one if I would buy a mink Wink)

Auteur Message
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 15:51    Sujet du message: What cage should I use?
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » English section

Page 1 sur 1
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures

Sauter vers:  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation