FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion   S’enregistrer
What's your mink like?
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » Visons » English section
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  

How tame it your mink?
Very tame, like a well behaved dog
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Easy to handle, but much on his own (like a cat)
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Doesn't like to be touched, but allows it
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Bites when touched
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Scared, runs away when you want to pet it
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Agressive
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total des votes : 5

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 0
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 17:02    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
I've heard stories of mink following people around like dogs, mink living in a house like cats, and mink attacking anyone they see. It's clear there is a lot of variety in how tame mink become, how connected to people and how easy to handle.
But to get a fair view on how most mink are, I wondered: How tame are your mink?
Can you hold him or her? Is there any cuddling? Can you pet him or her? Can you put a harness on and take your mink for a walk? Does it bite (and I don't mean playbite, but real biting)?
And how did you raise it? How old was he or she when you got it?
I'd like to have as much answers as possible, so it would be great if someone could translate this to French so anyone can understand it!

Visiter le site web du posteur
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 17:02    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 en pension
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 18:04    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
I think there was already a poll about that, in fact one for males and another for females … but in French.

Trad :
J'ai entendu des histoires de vison qui suivait les gens comme un chien, des visons qui vivaient à la maison comme un chat, et des visons qui attaquaient tout ce qui bouge. C'est clair qu'il y a des différences dans la manière d'être des visons apprivoisés, dans leurs rapport avec les gens, dans la facilité qu'on a à les manipuler.
Pour avoir une idée acceptable sur la manière de se comporter des visons, je me demande à quel point vos visons sont ils apprivoisés ? pouvez vous les tenir facilement ? pouvez vous les câliner ? pouvez vous les caresser ? pouvez vous lui mettre un harnais et l'emmener en promenade ? Mord il ( je ne parle pas de morsure de jeu, mais de vraies morsures) ?
Et comment l'avez vous élevé, à quel âge l'avez vus adopté ?
J'aimerais avoir le plus de réponse possible.

Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 18:45    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Voted "Scared, runs away when you want to pet it" for Scarlett ! Stella would be "Easy to handle, but much on his own (like a cat)"

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:39    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Great, thanks for translating Levri! Very Happy
And can you maybe give me the links to the other polls? (and translation of the options?). Would be great! Very Happy

I should have given the opotunity to select multiple option... Embarassed

Auteur Message
Libinoa
Administrateur

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 + un ange

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:06    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
My Sinda is a saphirre mink, she is quite cute, she doesn't beat, and when I stroke her, she licks always my arm. I had 3 minks, and the 3 of them had a different character. Tulco, a black male, had a very strong relation with me wife, but I was his reval, so he didn't beat me, but didn't like that I touch him. Lotsë, a blue cross female, was a little devil, quite stressed mink, she didn't accept to be touched easily, she was really nice only when we were out of home, because out of her territory, then she was just as nice mink like sinda, but at home, hated to be touched, she would beat...
So, having a mink represent always a part of risk....

Visiter le site web du posteur MSN
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:14    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
And were they all raised in the same way, Libinoa?

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 23:35    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
here are a poll about males tame :http://parlonsvison.xooit.fr/t1318-Male-manipulable-ou-pas.htm
and another one about females : http://parlonsvison.xooit.fr/t1317-Femelle-manipulable-ou-pas.htm

Dernière édition par levri le Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 00:33; édité 1 fois
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 00:23    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Wow, great, thanks a lot! Very Happy

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 00:36    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
to read their complete stories is meaningful

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 09:54    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
levri a écrit:

to read their complete stories is meaningful

Yes, that's why I started this topic. I really like to hear the complete stories, but my french isn't good enough. I'll try though!

EDIT:
Is the one with 'femelle' in de link about males and the one with 'males' in the link about females? Or did I get this wrong:

http://parlonsvison.xooit.fr/t1318-Male-manipulable-ou-pas.htm
Comment est votre Vison ?
… pour une femelle c'est là

http://parlonsvison.xooit.fr/t1317-Femelle-manipulable-ou-pas.htm
Comment est votre Visonne ?
… pour un Mâle c'est là

Oh, wait, I get it. It says there's another topic for males/females right?

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 15:37    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
U're right !

the links are OK, on each of them there is a link to the other.
Mr. Green

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 7 Juin 2010 - 15:53    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Pretty confusing when you don't speak french that well Wink
So, conclusion (based on only a few mink of the regular members of the forum?) was that most of them become pretty tame, but can sometimes bite and some are very exclusive, right?
I thought one comment was really funny. It said the mink was agressive and exclusive (so, it only attacked his own owner? Laughing)

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Juin 2010 - 15:29    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Oh, I wondered: Is there a known link between colour and personality in mink? In some animals the ones with white are easier to handle than the ones that have the colour they'd have in the wild. Is there any link like that in mink?

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Juin 2010 - 15:43    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
As I'm not sure about that with other animals, I don't think there is anything serious about minks.

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mar 8 Juin 2010 - 16:07    Sujet du message: What's your mink like? Répondre en citant
Well, I know there's scientific evedence of that in for example foxes. So I'm sure it's true in some other animals. But sometimes it's true, but it still doesn't have to be a causal connection of course. In foxes when you selectively breed them on friendlyness to humans, you end up with white spotted foxes (and they bark and wag their tails too!)
Well, it's better when there's no conntection, because then colour doesn't matter at all, and you can choose the one that you think is most beautiful Wink

Auteur Message
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:34    Sujet du message: What's your mink like?
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » English section

Page 1 sur 2
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Sauter vers:  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation