FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion   S’enregistrer
Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :)
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 39, 10, 11  >

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » Visons » English section
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

Nombre de vison: 1, Otello

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 19:36    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hi all! Very Happy
I hope it's not a problem if I write in English. I can understand a bit French, but I'm not so able to write. But, if you want, I could write in Italian too! Smile

My name is Ilaria, and i'm 25. I live in the north of Italy, where I study veterinary Medicine. I am a fancy rats breeder, and a snake breeder too Smile

My little Otello (le vison) became in my life 1 week ago. I was at an Italian expo about exothic pets, as expositor with my rats. There, an Holland expositor had, between several other animals, this amazing minks litter.. i'd never seen a mink before! In fact, I thought they were ferrets!
They were so beautiful, but I immediately thought that they were so, so young. I think they hadn't more than 3/4 weeks.

The day after, a guy bought one of them. He showed me this baby mink, and the poor animal started to cry just after he putted him out from his box. I immediately thought that he needed a lot of care, and in the meantime the guy, started to think that was a bit hard to keep that -so young- mink..
I don't know why, but I offered me to take care of the baby for that night.
..and I immediately felt in love with him.

The day after, I decided to take the mink from the guy. He didn't seem so happy to keep "the crying boy", so was not so hard to convince him.. Smile

By the way.
I don't know what age Otello had, but I can say that he wasn't still able to walk and his weight was 280gr. Now, after a week, he weights 380gr and started to walk around Smile
I try to keep him with me the most that I can, trying to domesticate him. In this moment, in fact, he is sleeping on my legs. Smile

I hope to find some good advice here on your forum! ^_^

Some pics:
Here, the first time I saw him:

1 week ago, the first night with him:

After 2 days:

..today!

What variety do you think he is? Smile

Ilaria

Visiter le site web du posteur MSN
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 19:36    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Auteur Message
coltiti
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: deux pestouilles
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 猴 Singe

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:18    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hello and welcome....

I don't speak english....

Otello est très beau....

Si vous voulez savoir ce qu’on dit de vous en votre absence, écoutez ce qu’on dit des autres en votre présence.
Jean-Benjamin de Laborde (1791)

MSN
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:20    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Don't worry, you can answer in French, I will understand too! Smile
Thanks! ^__^

Do you have an idea of what colour is Otello?

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 en pension
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:25    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
It's a grey American Mink, but he was so young ! as you said around 3 or 4 weeks, it's criminal to travel from Netherland with a litter !
380 gr is a 5 weeks old tiny mink weight., some of them weigh 500 gr when 5 weeks old.

I wish you the best with Othello. Mr. Green

Edit : this grey is Silver Blue or Sapphire, it's difficult to say from pictures, Siver is a little bit yellow or brow, Sapphire is mostly Blue.

Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:32    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
I hope that Otello's brothers and sisters finished in good hands too..
Otello luckily eats, plays and sleeps all the time. I love him so much! I cross fingers for the other little minks too!

Until when they have to drink their mother's milk, first to be adopted?

Auteur Message
Norka
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 1 .
Lion (24juil-23aoû)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:46    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hello and welcome to you and to your baby mink,he is good looking Okay

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 en pension
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:47    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
In the wild from 8 to 12 weeks, in mink farms from 5 to 8 weeks for weaning
Maybe it would be fine to give him some kind of calcium additive

Auteur Message
pauol
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 4 anges 1 bonheur
Balance (23sep-22oct) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:54    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Othello est adorable
lui completer sont alimentation avec du calcium ne sera pas a negliger je pense

MSN Skype
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:01    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
I have some milk for puppies (dogs and cats) but my vet said that it's not necessary to use it, seeing that Otello eats without problems.
I'm giving him the Hill's a/d for now, suited for puppies. : )
What kind of calcium do you suggest?

@Norka Pauol: many thanks! ^__^

Dernière édition par LilouIRV le Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:01; édité 1 fois
Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:01    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hello Ilaria and welcome here.

Damn. I am afraid I even know who was selling these minks at the expo Sad Mink world is small in Holland. That's criminal indeed. Although from the pics & weight, I doubt he was less than 4 weeks.

Please read the advices as much as you can and feel free to ask if you have further questions.

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:08    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hi Kristel!
The conditions of their rodents and of the other animals were not the best, I admit. They had something like 20 ferrets, very young too (not as minks, but very very young).
The girl at the table said that their minks had 5 weeks, but of course I didn't believe it.

I'm trying to learn and search more advices as I can, and I was so happy to found this forum!
I am a breeder, and I know that the net and forums can be a great help Smile

Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:13    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
LilouIRV a écrit:

I'm giving him the Hill's a/d for now, suited for puppies. : )

Be careful with the Hill's A/D, it is really rich. And because it is so smooth it won't help him chew. Now that he is 5 or 6 weeks, you should start giving him chicks (mixed to start with).

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:28    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
I already gave him some chicken mixed with a/d yesterday, cut in little pieces, under advice of the vet. I will continue! : )

I don't know, for example, If I have to give him food -ad libitum- or only some time in the day. For this first week, I gave him whatever he wanted everytime he woke up, to make him gain more weight He could.

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 0
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 21:52    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hi Ilaria. I feels strange to say, as I've been on this forum for 2 days, but: Welcome!
Nice to have another English-speaking member. I'm from Holland and my French isn't that good either, so I'll write in English all the time.

I'm glad to hear Otello fell in your hands, and I really hope all goes well (as mink aren't the most easy animals...).
The pictures are so cute, especially the first one, when you don't even know he'll become yours, and you look like a lovely duo already! Very Happy

Visiter le site web du posteur
Auteur Message
LilouIRV

MessagePosté le: Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 22:05    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :) Répondre en citant
Hi Agnes, and thanks for your welcome! : ))
You made the same comment of my friends, about the first pic!! Laughing

I know that minks are not so easy, but I have a lot of time and I'll try to dedicate him as much attentions as I can. : )

Auteur Message
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:12    Sujet du message: Ilaria & Otello (le vison!) from Italy :)
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » English section

Page 1 sur 11
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2, 39, 10, 11  >

Sauter vers:  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation