FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion   S’enregistrer
maja01

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » Visons » English section
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
maja01

Nombre de vison: 0

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 17:04    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
Hi guys.
My name is Maja and I come from Slovenia. I don't have a mink (yet), but would like to know as much as I can about them. I currently share my life with four ferrets, four cats (one of them is on a recovery from car accident and will be - hopefully - looking for a new home soon) and one dog. I am "involved in ferrets" for quite some time now, I guess I have them for around ten years now.

I am a fonder and president of slovenian ferret lovers club and when this is needed, I also take care for ferrets in need and socialize them if this is necessary. In my free time Mr. Green I am a vet medicine student and I vlounteer in our faculty's exotic clinic.

I fell in love in minks quite some years ago, when I first saw one (Cosmo) in one of the austrian's ferret forum. I somehow got convinced minks are not siutable for pets or, maybe better to say, I tought I couldn't give one the best conditions needed since I lived in a small apartement in the middle of the city. I recently moved to a house not far from Ljubljana and started to think about adding one in to my furry "zoo".
I will add photos of my furries in next posts.
best regards for now.
m.

P.s. Thnx Agnes for sharing news about english corner on Mink list Mr. Green Okay

Visiter le site web du posteur
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 17:04    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Auteur Message
maja01

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 17:45    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
I promised I will introduce my pets. They are all adopted this way or another ...

First, my lovelly "doggy" Laughing Spela. She is a lab and great dane mix and is about 10 yrs old (don't know exact age since she was adopted). She is the best dog ever (I know they all are, but she really is the best of the bests)! She got used to all kind of furry creatures I bring at home, tough with some of them she doesn't get along that well (rabbits, rodents, ...) and from those I keep her separated. She happilly lives with cats and ferrets.

Taz Devil is my oldest ferret. She is 7 now and I hope I will manage to keep here with us for some more time (she has quite some health problems, but ...). She came to me when she was about year old, quite bitty and underfed. The previous owner kept her outside in a small rodent cage. I never had problem with her bitting, but all the others (my ex, my frineds, my coleguaes) had Mr. Green

Tito came into my life quite unexpectedly, a month after I had to euthanise my first ferret. A previous owner gave him away because of suspected allergy (never did any tests ...). He is an alpha male of our "pack". Or at least he thinks he is.

I didn't plan Neo either ... Rolling Eyes We got him to the clinic from one of the petshops where he was returned by the buyer after having him at home only for a day. In this short time they either managed to stepp on him or he fell from one's hand, since at the time we got him to the clinic, had "broken back" (vertebrae are sort of dislocated) and had paralyzed back legs. He recoveried unexpectedly well and fast. Still he is walking a bit strange and can not climb (on cage bars for instance or stairs), but he jumps, rolls and fight with the oters. Since there are no many people who would fight for such ferret ... well I took him. Laughing
Now he is around year and a half old.
P.s. He is the most fotogenic ferret ever, very very sweet, but ... he is a bit "blonde" if you know what I mean.

The last and the youngest from the ferret gang is Scrat. Well ... you know. He wasn't planed either! I was offered to take him after one of my ferrets died of cardiac arrest during urgent operation (cyst blocking the intestines) last year. Scrat was born next day and is her granchild. I somehow couldn't say no ... Well, there is one more reason I was offered to take him - after he was born, his mother bit off a part of his rear leg and part of his tail. Again, there were no many people whou would fight to have a tripod ferret. And since I do what I do ... I realy don't care if a ferret is three legged, green, old, sick, has two hads or bites as hell ... I can handle it. Mr. Green Othervise Scrat is quite a funny fuzzy, he is big, really big (at winter he had 2,24 kg minus leg, minus tail), but he is so gentle and is quite a "pussy". Some ordinary thing scares him to hell (when he sees/hears/... them first).

Auteur Message
Vuitton

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 18:05    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
Hello maja01 Your animals are nice, I like the dog Okay

Gérard MARTIN

Auteur Message
levri
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 2 en pension
Sagittaire (22nov-21déc)

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 18:31    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
welcome aboard ! Mr. Green

It's great to see people rescuing animals, so nice to give them a second chance. Very Happy

Dernière édition par levri le Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 20:26; édité 1 fois
Auteur Message
Norka
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 1 .
Lion (24juil-23aoû)

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 20:07    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
Hello and welcome to you and to your small troop.
You have an extraordinary courage to help all these small animals.

Auteur Message
pauol
Membres Forum privé

Masculin
Nombre de vison: 4 anges 1 bonheur
Balance (23sep-22oct) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 20:34    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
bienvenue

MSN Skype
Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Juin 2010 - 13:05    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
Welcome Maja. So nice to hear the stories of your pets and we can feel how much you love them.

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
coltiti
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: deux pestouilles
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 猴 Singe

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Juin 2010 - 13:07    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant

hello and welcome

Si vous voulez savoir ce qu’on dit de vous en votre absence, écoutez ce qu’on dit des autres en votre présence.
Jean-Benjamin de Laborde (1791)

MSN
Auteur Message
Norka
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 1 .
Lion (24juil-23aoû)

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Juin 2010 - 20:07    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
I like your dog what is its weight?

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Ven 18 Juin 2010 - 00:03    Sujet du message: maja01 Répondre en citant
Welcome Maja! Very Happy Nice to have you here!
I love your animals, and your story about yourself. Must be great, working with exotics! But, I wondered: When are you showing us your cats? Very Happy

Auteur Message
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 21:38    Sujet du message: maja01
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » English section

Page 1 sur 1
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures

Sauter vers:  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation