FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion   S’enregistrer
Which cage ?

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » Visons » English section
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 0
Taureau (20avr-20mai) 馬 Cheval

MessagePosté le: Ven 18 Mar 2011 - 23:58    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
All different question:
I want to keep my mink inside, but make a nice bigger cage on my balcony for when I have long days at university, with a pool and stuff. Of course I do not want my mink to escape. I have an old cupboard I used to have my hamsters in. But is wood safe with mink? Or do they just go through? I think I should in case the wood is strong enough, make a door with very strong bars/gauze.

For inside my home I want to use a dogcrate, and I hope I can find one with the bars close enough to each other. How do you do that with a baby mink? They can escape through like everything, can't they?

Visiter le site web du posteur
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 18 Mar 2011 - 23:58    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Auteur Message
Norka
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 1 .
Lion (24juil-23aoû)

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mar 2011 - 00:07    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
wood is not good, mink can scratch and escape.
for the bars, they must be very tight and highly "résistant ".
when they are small, it is better not leave them alone outside unattended.
It's dangerous for us .
If you understand french ,go to :habitat de vos visons .

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mar 2011 - 12:50    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
How about bar-distance? Is 2.7cm to much? (Because I think this one might be an option for inside: http://www.zooplus.nl/shop/honden/benches/transportkooien/kamerbench/101196…

All mink owners I know in Holland (except for Kristel) have their mink in large cages outside. More like they have a private zoo than a pet though. I want to make something like that for when I'm not at home, really solid and quite big. I think it's best not to use it until my mink is fully grown, so maybe I should focus on a cage for inside for now, and let the outside cage rest until I have my mink and it's getting bigger Wink

Auteur Message
Kristel
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 2 puces + 1 ange
Vierge (24aoû-22sep)

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mar 2011 - 13:37    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
Many members of this forum are using this cage as well (the Tabby). I think it is Vuitton who managed to escape from it and jump thru the open window, which resulted in a broken leg, or something like this.

I personally think it is also too small for a mink who spends most of the day in it. I only swear by the Ferret Nation 2 or Ferret Nation 3, but that's a matter of choice.

AIM MSN Skype
Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mar 2011 - 14:45    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
I agree with you, that's why I want to make a larger cage on the balcony for when he's alone all day, with a proper swimmingpool etc (don't have space for that inside, as I live in a 5x3m room with my hedgehog, hamster(s) and common vole (who's cages will be secured of course!), and all my stuff).
But I think I wouldn't dare leave him alone outside until he's quite big, because it would be awful if he'd escape. Could only pray he would have fun on all the balconies, and don't jump down 3 stories... And when he's still small I'm planning on taking him everywhere, so he wouldn't be in his cage al day, but meet all kinds of people and animals all day Wink

*has to get back to schoolwork now*

Auteur Message
Norka
Administrateur

Féminin
Nombre de vison: 1 .
Lion (24juil-23aoû)

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Mar 2011 - 18:30    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
Good "courage" and works well. Okay

Auteur Message
Agnes

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mar 2011 - 22:19    Sujet du message: Which cage ? Répondre en citant
I found a topic showing how you can build another Tabby on a tabby too! Mr. Green That was the one thing I was doubting about: If I get more space, I want to be able to extend it. And as the tabby is way more cheap, the chances I ever will extend it are bigger. So, a tabby it is. Have to measure the space I have to know if the tabby II fits, or if I should go for the tabby I in stead.

Auteur Message
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:23    Sujet du message: Which cage ?
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Parlons Vison Index du Forum » English section

Page 1 sur 1
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures

Sauter vers:  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation